Time to get to know me again! Neha over at Biblionyan (this is her blog) nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. I loved getting to know her better. Check out her post here. Neha is one of my most awesome blogging friends and she has such a cool YouTube channel. I’m not on BookTube that much but I do enjoy her videos a lot.
To accept this award, I must:
- Thank the person(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or on your blog.
1. What bookish universe terrifies you the most, but you’d still love to visit?
Parole, the setting of Chameleon Moon is so scary (talk about the fire and heat!) but the characters are some of the best I’ve ever come across in a book. They support each other and help each other where they can. I would love to be able to meet Rose, who can grow thorns out of her skin. She is an awesome connection to plants and I think it’s so beautiful. Check out my review here.
2. Describe your dream reading location/setting?
My dream reading setting would be a lovely floral-patterned sofa chair. I actually used to have this when I was living at home, and it is so comfy and relaxing. I’d love to have something similar as soon as I settle down.
3. Do you like comic books? If yes, then what is your favourite all-time comic book/series?
I do love comic books but I don’t read them that often at the moment. A Kindle doesn’t convey the same feeling that reading in colour does, so I’m waiting to dive into them when I have a PC again in September. I really love X-Men but I haven’t read all of the comics (WAY TOO MANY!).
4. If you could have any pet that’s from a book/book series, which pet would it be?
I don’t want to have pets, but if I could have a partner-in-crime, I’d have a talking otter! How cool would that be?! We could travel by water and on land. I’ll most probably not swim though, because I’m not a fan of swimming, but I can be on a boat.
5. What are 2 bookish pet peeves that you have?
1. Covers that have inaccurate representations of the characters!
Why is a person light-skinned on the cover even though they’re described as dark-skinned? Why are they thin on the cover, when they’re actually fat? and so on…
2. Toxic relationships that are romanticised in the story.
I just absolutely hate this because it’s not a healthy relationship to have or aspire to have – so why does is it written like this is the best relationship ever?
6. What is the very first book that you ever felt you could relate to on a personal level?
I don’t know if it’s the first book but it’s the first that I can remember. I could relate to some of the experiences of going to school in a new country with a different language in Girl in Translation.
7. What is a genre that you will never pick up?
I don’t like horror. Not to say that I’m never going to read a horror book but the chances are very very very low.
8. If you could have a video game created off of a book world, which book world would it be? (For example, I would LOVE to play an open-world RPG game based off the Stargate novels.) If you’re not a gamer, then which book would you LOVE to see being made into a film (that doesn’t already have one)?
I can’t choose between a film for Sunbolt or City of Strife (review here). I think both of them have amazing fantasy elements that can translate well onto the big screen, as well as really cool characters.
9. What are 3 books you want to conquer before you die?
10. What is your favourite bookish friendship?
11. What is your favourite beverage to drink while reading?
Herbal tea (e.g. pansy tea or thyme tea). However, I usually forget about the tea when I’m reading a good book.
1.Which character do you wish you were friends with in real life?
2. If you could be the main character in a book, what kind of genre would you like the book to be?
3. Which character’s wardrobe would you like to have?
4. What medium do you prefer for your reading? Paperbacks, e-book readers, PC, hardcovers, etc?
5. What is one of your bookish-related goals that you would like to accomplish in the next 7 years?
6. What hobbies, other than reading, do you have? I am assuming that one of your hobbies is reading, since I’ve nominated book bloggers.
7. What superpower(s) would you like to have?
8. What’s behind the name of your blog?
9. In which bookish universe would you like to live?
10. Have you ever thought about writing a book?
11. What is your favourite book?
Blogs I nominate (accidentally 12, not 11)
Kevin @ sumptuousbooks
Zainab @ Cinderzena’s Book Blog
Ceillie @ Candid Ceillie
Wendy @ What the log had to say
Vijayalakshmi @ The Reading Desk
Mariam @ Mariam’s Yummy Books
Nadia @ words beneath the wings
Laura @ Green Tea & Paperbacks
Anonymous @ Colorful Book Reviews
Saskia @ Muh, das Telefonbuch
Fadwa @ Word Wonders
CeeArr @ Diary of a Reading Addict